Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bad day.

Ok, so my day started off pretty stressful running around getting things for daughter blah blah blah. Not so bad typical dad stuff. It took a nosedive once I got to the dentist. I had a chipped tooth and had made an appointment for it as well as to get my fangs cleaned. Well after getting my x-rays the dentist tells me that I need two root canals! He goes on to describe in the xrays where the problem areas are. I actually brush my teeth twice a day and floss also so this was pretty stunning to me. I get the teeth cleaned no prob, we set a date for the root canals the next available date was going to be in April however the nurse said they could get me in right now someone had canceled. I'll make this short. It sucked, it sucked real bad. I have never had a panic attack before but it felt like I was having one while my face was being pummeled. It gets worse, not thinking to check about my deductibles I was presented with a 90.00 bill. So not only is my face numb and I'm drooling I have to fork out over 90.00 dollars I had not budgeted for. So let's take a look at daddyfinance's losses today.


92.80 for Fangs
10.00 for pain meds
12.01 Groceries.
8.51 cents for McDonalds because I'm in so much pain right now I don't feel like cooking.

Total losses 123.32 cents

I am a bit wary in calling the dentist bill and meds a loss because I did needed the surgery. I am calling it a loss because I did not think ahead about the deductible as well as average cost of meds.

What do you think?

No comments: